What is Hatha Yoga?
In Yoga, the physical body is viewed as a conduit of both positive and negative energies, a microcosm of the workings of the entire universe! We are thought to be in a constant fluctuation between these two opposing energies.
Hatha yoga is one of the 8 branches of Yogic philosophy where the primary aim is to gain total mastery of our physical body and all our senses and eventually, our minds.
What are the benefits?
The benefits from a yoga practice are far too numerous to mention here! Through regular practice, it will have an immense impact on your physical, emotional and mental body.
- The immediate benefits the practice that you may notice are:
- Strength and flexibility
- improved sleep
- calmness of mind
- postural improvement
- increased mobility
- release of tension
- clarity of thought and,
- feeling revitalized!
- Through selected postures or asanas, our vital organs like the liver, kidneys, pancreas, gallbladder, lungs are systematically massaged, cleansed and detoxed. What’s more, these organs are nourished with fresh nutrients, thus improving all major bodily functions to its optimum!
- It also works with our major bodily systems such as:
- the endocrine system that governs all our hormonal production and much more;
- respiratory system improving lung capacity and overall circulation by bringing in more oxygen;
- the digestive system to get rid of waste efficiently and
- the reproductive system to have overall good health.
- Brings great spinal health through deep twists, back bends and forward bends, strengthening the spinal nerves as well as lubricating and conditioning every vertebrate of the spine.
Who can do this class?
- Anyone who is interested in gaining general good health and sense of well-being
- Any age, any ability as far as you don’t have any serious medical conditions and/or physical disabilities. Please talk to us and we will find a way to help you!
- If you want to improve your flexibility, stability and balance;
- Progress to a more spiritual practice
- you want to bring your body back to balance and promote healing.
Our Beginner Level 1&2 class, will be a slow-paced class with use of props to help open your body to release long held tensions as well as to experience the depth of each of the asana.
Please fill in the contact form and let us know how we can contact you!